The International Fasch Festival is a member of
Announcements | Faschiana | Event Archive
Announcements and Events - 2021
20.04.2021: CANCELLED - The city of Zerbst/Anhalt and the Executive Board of the International Fasch Society have decided to cancel the 16th International Fasch Festival in June 2021. Thank you for your understanding.
15.04.2021: We wish you a Happy 333rd Birthday, dear Johann Friedrich Fasch, and hope you like the article that appeared in the local Zerbst newspaper today (albeit in German) in your honour!
04.12.2020: Seasons' Greeetings (in German), wishing you all the best for 2021!
10.10.2020: On the occasion of the IFG's 2020 AGM Hannes Lemke (Zerbst/Anhalt) was introduced as our new general manager, a volunteer position held by Dr. Inge Werner for many years for which we owe her a debt of gratitude. We wish her a happy retirement and look forward to a successful working relationship with Hannes Lemke.
05.08.2020.: Our annual newsletter, Faschiana, volume 24 (Summer 2020) is now available online!
03.08.2020: Carl Friedrich Christian Fasch, born in 1736 in Zerbst/Anhalt, died 220 years today.
Late March 2020:
Vol. 15 in our Fasch Studies series, "Musik in Anhalt-Zerbst"
, the 2019 Fasch Conference Report, was published by and can be ordered from www.ortus.de.
Mid-February 2020: The most recent issue (December 2019) of Gottfried Gille's Fasch-Repertorium, the thematic index of all vocal works by J. F. Fasch, can be downloaded for free from our website.
Our annual Christmas concert took place on 7 December 2019 at 7:30 pm at the Zerbst Trinitatiskirche. As always, it will feature the "Johann Friedrich Reichardt" Chorus of the Martin Luther University Halle/Wittenberg (see flyer).
On29 July 2019, the latest issue of our annual newsletter Faschiana (Summer 2019) arrived - happy reading!
On Saturday, 29 June 2019, the Freundes- und Förderkreis der Bach-Gedenkstätte im Schloss Köthen (Anhalt) e.V. visited the town of Zerbst/Anhalt, where the Anhalt-Zerbst Kapellmeister J. F. Fasch was active from 1722 to 1758. Their itinerary included a guided tour of the Zerbst Palace.
Our Exhibit "Music at the Court of Anhalt-Zerbst" can be viewed inside the Zerbst Palace since 4 May. We look forward to your visit! The opening times of the palace can be found here.
The 15th International Fasch Festival took place from 11-14 April 2019 in Zerbst/Anhalt. The motto was "Music in Anhalt-Zerbst". A detailed review will be included in the next Faschiana issue, to be published in summer 2019.
J. F. Fasch would have celebrated his 331st birthday on 15 April 2019!
Our annual Christmas concert featuring the "Johann Friedrich Reichardt" Chorus of the Martin Luther University, directed by University Music Director Jens Lorenz, took place on 8 December 2018 at St. Trinitatis Church in Zerbst/Anhalt statt.
On 5 December 2018 we commemorated the 260th anniversary of J. F. Fasch's death.
An IFG Excutive Meeting meeting took place on 7 November 2018.
Our 2018 AGM took place on 19 October 2018 at Hotel "Von Rephuns Garten" in Zerbst/Anhalt, followed by a "Fasch-Geselligkeit" event featuring soprano Marina Dobroschinskaja and her ensemble. The motto was "Wine and Song".
The 2018 issue of our newsletter Faschiana (vol. 22) appeared in early October. We hope you like it!
Volume 14 of our Fasch Studies series, "Fasch und die Konfessionen" ("Fasch and the Confessional Landscape of His Day", 432 pp.) appeared in print in mid-September 2018. It can be ordered from Ortus-Musikverlag. Happy reading!
An Executive Board meeting took place on 29 June 2018.
The 53rd Zerbst Cultural Days took place from 16 February to 18 March 2018. The title of the opening concert, organized by the IFS and held in the auditorium of the Francisceum Secondary School Zerbst, was "Is that also by Handel? Unexpected instrumental and vocal music by G. F. Handel“. It featured an international ensemble led by Marina Drobyshevskaja (soprano), the director of the Zerbst Stadtchor.
An Executive Board meeting took place on 30 January 2018.
The last IFS Executive Board meeting took place on 26 October 2017. (A "Fasch-Geselligkeit" event was not planned for 2017.)
The "Day of the Open Monument" took place on 10 September 2017.
From 18 to 21 May 2017 the 21st "Fasch Trip" led participants to Gdansk, Poland.
The 14th International Fasch Festival took place from 20 to 23 April 2017 in Zerbst/Anhalt. The 2017 Fasch Prize recipient is Prof. Dr. Manfred Fechner (Jena).
2016 Season's Greetings
17 December 2016, 7.30 pm, Stadthalle Zerbst: Our annual Christmas Concert featured the "J. F. Reichardt" Chorus, Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg (Cantatas I-III from J. S. Bach's Christmas Oratorio).
12 November 2016, 7 pm, Hotel von Rephuns Garten, Zerbst: Fasch-Geselligkeit, "Bühne frei: Musical Pearls from Musicals, the Movies and Operettas".
11 October 2016, 7 pm, Landesarchiv Sachsen-Anhalt, Dessau: Lecture by Maik Richter on newly discovered Fasch sources.
11 September 2016 "Day of the Open Monument", 10 am to 5 pm - Thank you so much for visiting the Zerbst Palace, including our exhibition rooms (2nd floor).
8 September 2016, 5 pm, Wiekhaus, Zerbst: IFS Excecutive Board meeting.
28 July 2016: The new issue of Faschiana, our newsletter, appeared and included a minor sensation: 11 letters unknown concerning Fasch were discovered in the Landesarchiv in Dessau!
12 June 2016: The IFS held its 2016 annual meeting at the
"von Rephuns Garten" Hotel in Zerbst/Anhalt. A public lecture on Fasch's 1757 autobiography followed; it was presented by our vice-president, Dr. Barbara Reul (Luther College, University of Regina, Canada).
20-23 May 2016: The destination of our annual "Fasch Society Trip", led as always by Karin Spott, was the beautiful city of Regensburg in 2016. A travel report, courtesy of Karin Spott, is included in the 2016 issue of our newsletter, Faschiana.
7 May 2016, 3 pm: Despite the fact that there is no authenticated portrait of J. F. Fasch, we invited you to visit the Zerbst palace and our Fasch Exhibit to view the next best thing: a bust of Fasch which the Russian sculptor Y. Borodin created in summer 2015.
21 April 2016: The new 2015 Conference Report (Fasch Studies vol. 12) is now available from ortus. The volume is entitled: "Zerbst during Fasch's tenure [as Kapellmeister] - an Anhalt Court of the Muses". It contains 16 articles; 3 are in English, and all articles contain abstracts in German or English. The final article (on Fasch's printed biographies from 1732 and 1757) is a "bonus". A review is included in the 2016 issue of Faschiana.
15 April 2016: Happy 328th birthday, Mr. Fasch!
10 March 2016: The IFS Executive met.
The 51st Zerbst Cultural Days (Zerbster Kulturfesttage) took place in Zerbst/Anhalt from 13 February to 13 March 2016. On 11 March 2016, 7 pm, the International Fasch Society hosted a special concert at the Trinitatis-Kirche entitled "From the little princess to the great Tsarina - Hommage to Catherine the Great". It will feature musicians Anna Fauth, soprano (USA), Vladi Corda, violin (Ukraine) and Anastasia Timofeeva, organ (Russia). They were joined by Professor Semjon Skigin moderated the concert. The programme included music that would have been performed during Catherine's life time (Bach, Corelli, Caccini, Stradella, Mozart and Khandoschkin). Tickets were available from the Fasch Society, the Zerbst Tourist Information and at the door.
January 2016: Dr. Barbara Reul's completely revised and expanded entry on J. F. Fasch (biography; works; bibliography; multi-media links) has appeared in the Grove Music Online Dictionary on the Oxford Music Online Platform (access may be subject to a charge).
- Happy Holidays! We wish you all the best in 2016 and lots of fun with Fasch!
- On 4 Dezember, 7:30 pm, the annual Christmas concert, featuring the University Chorus "Johann Friedrich Reichardt" Chorus Halle/Saale, took place at the Trinitatiskirche in Zerbst.
- On 26 November 2015 the Fasch Board of Trustees (Fasch-Kuratorium) met at 4 pm, followed by the IFG's Executive Board at 6:30 pm.
- On 16 November 2016 Russian sculptor Jaroslav Borodin gifted his plaster bust of J. F. Fasch to the IFG. He had created it during the Inaugural Zerbst Princess Festival in July. For more information, visit our Facebook site.
- A special concert took place on 1 November 2015, 5 pm, at St. Bartholomäi Church in Zerbst to celebrate the church's 800th anniversary. The "Zerbster Kantorei" church choir and the "Cammermusik Potsdam" ensemble was led by Tobias Eger and perform W.A. Mozart's "Coronation Mass" and one of his violin concertos in G Major in addition to a cantata by J.F.Fasch, "Gott wir warten deiner Güte". Concert tickets were for sale at the church office, the Stadtinfo Zerbst and the local bookstore, Buchhandlung Gast./li>
- On the occasion of the "Day of the Open Monument" on Sunday, 13 September 2015, the Zerbst palace was accessible from 10 am-5 pm, including our exhibition (emphasis in 2015: the Fasch Archive). We appreciated your visit!
- The most recent issue of our annual newsletter, Faschiana (August 2015) appeared. Happy reading!
- The Fasch Board of Trustees confirmed the focal points of the 2017, 2019, 2021 and 2023 International Fasch Festivals. For more information, click here.
- April 2015: We created our own Facebook profile - look for "International Fasch Society". Please like us and get the latest Fasch news delivered right to your online doorstep!
- An Executive Board meeting of the IFG took place on 18 June 2015.
- The 2015 "Fasch-Reise" (Fasch Trip) took members and friends of the International Fasch Society to Oldenburg and surrounding areas (28-31 May 2015). More on that in the 2015 issue of Faschiana, our newsletter.
- The 13th Fasch Festival took place from 15-19 April 2015. A review of the festival was included in the 2015 issue of Faschiana (summer 2015).
- The 50th Zerbst Cultural Days took place from 28 February to 29 March 2015: The IFS organized the closing concert featuring the Rundfunk-Jugendchor Wernigerode.
The most recent issue of our annual newsletter, Faschiana
, appeared in summer 2020. Since the 16th International Fasch Festival had to be cancelled in April 2021 due to Covid-19, there will be no summer 2021 Faschiana issue.